Delhi is a shoppers’ haven and one can find just about anything here. From the latest in fashion trend to the oldest of antiques, there is something for everyone. While a lot of guides are available when it comes to the newer material but when it comes to acquiring apiece of the old world charm, shoppers become wary. We have compiled a list of the most trusted and authentic antique stores in Delhi that you must pay a visit to if you like to collect artefacts from the bygone era.
- Goel’s Export : This store has been providing a platform for Indian handicraftsmen since its inception in 1986. Their range includes art pieces, furniture and other associated home decor accessories and their clientele is all across the globe. Their mirrors, candle stands, doorknobs and lamps are worth special recommendations in every art collector’s handy-book.
Address : Rz-480-d/13a, Tughlakabad Extension, Tughlakabad Extension
Nearest Metro Station : Tughlakabad
- Mehra’s Art Palace : While this store offers the usual antique art pieces, they specialise in garden furniture. One can find genuine antique fountains, pots and patio furniture here. The prices are a little high for the beauty they offer but it is certainly worth.
Address : 1, Main Market, Gurdwara Rd, Block M, Greater Kailash II, Greater Kailash
Nearest Metro Station : Kailash Colony
- Orient Arts and Crafts : This is another favourite for shoppers who like antique oriental themed home decor items. They have unique beds and bed side tables. We would recommend going through their bar collection which will be show stealer at any living room.
Address : Hauz Khas Market, Hauz Khas
Nearest Metro Station : Hauz Khas
- Kumbakonam Arts And Crafts : If you are someone who is intrigued by the beautiful Nataraj sculptures then the first place to find them would be Kumbakonam. This place has a reputation for displaying the most prized artefacts from the bygone eras of Southern dynasties. From antique office decor to the beautiful colonial era handicrafts, the place has a lot to offer to an antique junkie.
Address : Near H.D.F.C. Bank A.T.M., Lower Ground, Jangpura
Nearest Metro Station : Jangpura
- Carpet Cellar : This place is famous for decorating not just museums but homes of diplomats with their oriental weaves. From antique Persian carpets to tribal rugs, they boast of the largest collection of handmade carpets in the city dating back to the 18th and 19th century. Plus point is that they can even make a copy of any favourite ancient art design carpet for their customers. Address : 1, Anand Lok, Khel Gaon Marg, Siri Fort Road
Nearest Metro Station : Green Park
- Old Channel : This place has been known for its collection of authentic and high quality of European and English antiques in the capital. They have variety of sculptures, paintings, furniture and carpets from exclusive private collections to offer in their artistic boutique. We would recommend their home decor range which includes marble statues, bookcases and display cabinets.
Address : A-66, Defence Colony
Nearest Metro Station : Lajpat Nagar
- Khazana India : This little store is a paradise for everyone who likes to revisit the vintage Bollywood nostalgia. They are famous for their vintage Indian cinema posters that include old and new handiworks. Khazana’s fashion accessories and costume jewellery are a steal at the prices. They are also great for getting bulk orders for a home decor and office purposes.
Address : 50 A, Hauz Khas Village,Hauz Khas Tank, Deer Park, Hauz Khas
Nearest Metro Station : Hauz Khas
- Meherchand Market : For curious shoppers, Meherchand Market is a paradise waiting to be discovered. From antique swings to handcrafted mirrors and lamps one can find too many stores that will satiate any type of antique art enthusiast.
Address : Meherchand Market, Lodhi Road
Nearest Metro Station : Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium
- Sharma Farms : Spread across a lavish farmhouse in Chhatarpur, this place sells some quirky antique furniture which can be made to order by their skilled artisans. The farm owners made a neat collection of antiques before realizing that it could be a great business to pursue. So now they have a workshop which deals out special eclectic furniture and if one has a keen eye for detail, the place is a great way to score some rare antiquities.
Address : The Pavilion Main, Chhatarpur Main Road, Block C, Chhatarpur Extension, Chhatarpur
Nearest Metro Station : Chhatarpur