Delhi is a city known for its romantic sojourns and mystic beauty. While candle light dinners in the city’s best restaurants are the usual takes when it comes to romance, nothing can help you freshen up your relationship as well as impress your partner like a long drive. Now, driving casually through the lanes of capital with your loved one with all those traffic jams and pot holes may seem like a task. Although, as the traffic thins out with progressing evening and the city slows down, there are a few stretches of road in and around the city that form the perfect routes to the heart of your love. Here are the best drive routes at night that everyone should visit to take their relationship to the next level.
- India Gate: The road is a long stretch of smooth path lined with beautiful trees and lawns. The area is the safest in the city as most politicians and bureaucrats live in the vicinity. People come to enjoy ice cream in the middle of the night and stay on to watch the sunrise behind this monument. The drive is completely unhindered and the pleasure of driving at that time with a loved one on this romantic pathway with the backdrop of India Gate is pure bliss.
- Ridge Road : The area is lined by Mehrauli-Mahipalpur Palam Road as well as the NH 8 and the drive is guaranteed to be a long and pleasurable one. Surrounded by Kamala Nehru Forest, the area is dotted with small monuments. Couples can be seen taking a stroll on both sides of the road talking about sweet nothings. One can take a slow drive though the lanes and embrace nature in the middle of Delhi.
- Surajkund : The drive boasts of some picturesque restaurants as well as the beautiful Anagpur Dam. The Anagpur dam is said to have been constructed in the 8th century and is located just 2 km away from the Surajkund Lake. There are small local streams that feed this reservoir and it is a favourite picnic spot for people around. At night it seems mythically romantic as the moonlight bounces off various stretches of water giving the place a mystical air. The backdrop of Aravalli hills only makes it more charming for a drive.
- Tilyar Lake : This lake is located near Rohtak and spreads across 132 acres, forming a green belt around the area. The greenery is not the only thing that will attract as the aerial fauna will have you relish the drive in the evening. The place also boasts of best bars, restaurants and a mini zoo so the numbers of stops one can have in the area are endless. One of the best experiences is having a quiet dinner in the car while you look at the outline of the little island in the middle of the lake.
- Murthal : For any food lover, the drive to Murthal is one to swear by. On weekends this is the drive every foodie will go on as just after an hour’s drive from Delhi, the stretch of this parantha paradise starts. From the local dhabas serving parantha the size of a plate with melted butter on top to the more suave Ahuja, Gulshan and Amrik Sukhdev’s Dhaba, which is anything but a dhaba with ACs and the same varieties offered in a hygienic as well as budget friendly environment, the choices are endless. The calm drive, away from the city’s hustle bustle with the promise of scrumptious food at the end of the ride will have anyone excited for this trip.