Music is, quite possibly, the easiest way to experience a legitimate high. This form of art surrounds your mind, body & soul completely if you are listening to just your type. This has been substantially proven by science; thank God for that, we could still not be persuaded against it anyway.
In a country which boasts of the oldest arts culture – India – and also where so many languages magnetically as well as magically come together to cater however way the listener swings.
Delhi is rich in art & culture, and is pompously proud of it too. It is a large & liberal city that understands the new age need of providing experience as a service, and what better way than offering good music to the connoisseurs of the art. Here, there are a lot of places where one can go and appreciate one’s own kind of music whenever the urge arises.
We jot down the best five joints in Delhi that are ultra-popular for their live music:
- Summerhouse Café – Remember the time when a discreet Chris Martin visit broke the internet in India. This is the cult place where he performed one evening and everyone went berserk – regardless of whether they actually attended the concert or not. Amongst the thousand self-proclaiming hip cafes in HKV, Summerhouse Café is & has always been the baton holder for live music concerts and the Indian electronica scene.
Address: 1st Floor, Aurobindo Place Market, Hauz Khas, New Delhi, Delhi 110016
Phone: 093509 27000
Nearest Metro Station: Hauz Khas
- Cocktails & Dreams – It is the stuff what dreams are made of. It serves dreams, i.e. the choicest of liquour that you are not likely to get at any other outlet in Delhi/NCR. Helmed by a world-renowned mixologist- Yangdup Lama, the drinks here are enjoyed best alongside live Jazz gigs.
Address: SCO Part, Sector 15-2, Sector 15, Gurgaon, Haryana 122001
Phone: 087505 82297
Nearest Metro Station: Huda City Centre
- India Habitat Centre – Possibly the hub in the capital for disseminating esoteric art to encourage the artists of all genres, IHC plays host to various live musicians very often for the pleasure of mind & soul. Check out their monthly timetable, it is always jam-packed with musical performances of all genres.Address: Lodhi Road, Near Airforce Bal Bharati School, New Delhi, Delhi 110003
Phone: 011 2468 2002
Nearest Metro Station: JLN Stadium
- Raasta – If you are a disciple of Bob Marley & the likes, we have the perfect place for you to have great night out with your reggae loving friends. Raasta is a themed restobar in Delhi catering to a very specific form of music, and it is doing great in the process. The focus of the music is reggae.
Address: 30-A, 1st Floor,Hauz Khas Village, New Delhi
Phone: 011 33106174
Nearest Metro Station: Hauz Khas
- Kitty Su – Kitty Su is a legend in the Delhi nightlife, having been the earliest to capture the market when everyone else was either non-existent or in their infancy stages. An out & out posh nightclub which is only reserved for the best occasions in your life, Kitty Su is the mecca for trance and electronic music lovers. It is bound to give you an experience you will never forget.
Address: Barakhamba Avenue, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110001
Phone: 011 4444 7666
Nearest Metro Station: Rajiv Chowk