Indian men have started caring about their looks and style like never before. While outerwear can still be dealt with what with so many brands trying to impress the men with their competitive prices and comfortable clothing, one place where men feel challenged is while shopping for underwear. Men are left perplexed as they have to appear macho yet sexy without compromising on comfort when it comes to underwear, with hardly any help at hand. To ease them out of this very dilemma, we put together a list of brands to consider while on your next underwear shopping trip.
- Hanes : This giant has been heading men’s undergarment needs for very long. Their major selling point is the fact that they are comfortable as well as sexy. Best buys from this brand would be boxers and boxer briefs. Prices start at Rs 175 and can be found at most stores.
- Jockey : There is a reason why this brand gets included in every comfortable men’s wear list. Their special designed Y-fronts are great for comfort. Men who prefer regular boxers always stick to this brand as the colour palette is vast but the more adventurous ones should try out their athletic jockstraps as they are quite commendable. The range starts ar Rs 350. For a budget-friendly buy, go for sets of 2s and 3s.
Available at all clothing stores across the city.
- Emporio Armani : This is a brand that believes in classic styles that never go wrong. Their tailoring is such that the inner wear can be suitably worn under any garments. The price definitely may be steep, but are totally worth the look they give. Their “Eagles” boxer brief is recommended. They start their range at Rs 3000 and can extend to Rs 5000 and are found in especial Armani stores around Delhi.
Stores in DLF Emporio and Promenade (Vasant Kunj)
- Kenneth Cole : Kenneth Cole gets the thumbs up for its cotton weave plaid collection. Another classic, they are available at very decent rates and are supposed to provide maximum comfort too. The prices start at Rs 500 and can be found in malls and online stores.
Available at Lifestyle and their flagship store at Ambience Mall, Gurgaon.
- Calvin Klein : The list can’t be complete without this one. From the models that sport their innerwear to chicness of their range, Calvin Klein steals the show. The price range for these starts at Rs 800 and we would suggest you hit the stores for this one as the range in stores provides more options.
- FCUK : French Connection UK is another brand that has emerged as quite a favourite. Their colourful briefs are ones that any man will covet. Of course, the more conservatives can go for the simple boxers. We suggest the colourful ones as these are synonymous with the brand. They are priced at close to 400 for the tidy whites and go up to 1500 and more as you proceed to finer choices. You can spot FCUK at your nearest mall as well as online.
- UCB : United Colors Of Benneton is more known for its range of nautical print briefs and trunks in the past few years. Known more popularly as the Undercolor of Benetton what is intriguing is the contrasting color of the bands if one chooses the colored versions of the brand’s briefs. They are stocked at your nearest UCB store and are priced upwards of Rs 300.
- Zara : Zara deserves a mention here as their recent men’s underwear collection looks promising. The prints and colour palettes are attractive. Priced at Rs 690 and upwards.
- H&M : Figuratively new, the brand does have an impressive collection for Indian men of boxers in pair or sets which are mostly balanced with prints as well as simple pastel colors. We suggest a choice of set where it is a mix of patterns as it will be more suitable in daily wear. Priced upwards of Rs 600.