As if we ever needed a reason to escape from the hustle & bustle of our beloved city Delhi, we have a very credible & encouraging reason coming up really soon. Nearly everyone we personally know already has their bags packed and is ready to hop on to that train or bus to zip off from reality for a while. If you have not yet planned, it is perfectly fine since we have it all sorted for you. We have jotted down a list of 10 locations for you that can be traversed via car in under 6 hours from Delhi.Here they are:
1. Alwar – If you are a couple looking to elope for the weekend and do not mind historical sites & forts on a holiday, Alwar is the best bet for you. Silserh Lake, Hill Fort Kesroli, Sariska Tiger Reserve and the cult favourite Bhangarh are the major attractions around Alwar.
Distance from Delhi: 120 kms
2. Mathura-Vrindavan – The religious cum spiritual retreat located close to Delhi. The Mathura-Vrindavan is a package that is usually not covered exclusive to the other. There is ample amount of peace & colours that you experience when you visit these towns mythologically significant to Lord Krishna. Best travelled with family.
3. Rishikesh – Ah, time for friends, eh? In Rishikesh, there is quite literally nothing that you can not do. There are liberal doses of spiritualism, religion, history, nature, myth, the Ganges, adventure sports, everything for everyone. It will be best visited with your best of friends, but then you can drive down to this place with your family as well.
4. Corbett – If you get high on flora & fauna, Jim Corbett is a haven unparalleled for you. Also, even if you somehow cannot spot the tigers in the reserve, your stay at the heavenly Swiss cottages amidst the Himalayan Terai Region will alone be worth your travel. Named after the legendary hunter Jim Corbett, this is THE place in India for spotting our national animal – Tiger.
5. Landsdowne – An eternal favourite for the couples who want to leave the boring everyday life behind in the capital and have a quiet time in the hills, Landsdowne is tailor-made for the upcoming extended holiday. It’s a beautiful little cantonment which usually gets crowded during the holiday season, hence we suggest you make your plan and book the hotels right away.
6. Dausa – Dausa will appeal greatly to you if you are archeologically inclined. This little town is an ancient settlement which is high on culture. It is located on the right side of Jaipur on the same National Highway – 11, and is a great getaway for entire families to have a quiet time together.
7. Naukuchiatal – Off we go to Uttarakhand now with Naukuchiatal being the rarely secluded of the hill stations in an otherwise ultra-popular state known for Nainital among the rest. Literally meaning the lake of nine corners, Naukuchiatal is a feast for the eyes longing for serenity and lush greens. Another recommended place for entire families or even lovers.
8. Kasauli – A favourite amongst the hill stations close to Delhi, Kasauli offers amazing Victorian views & lifestyle to every kind of a visit, be it with family, lover, or hippie friends looking for a rollicking time. With pebbled streets and gorgeous twinkling lights to go with, Kasauli is well settled with neat green orchards welcoming you to every nook & corner of the town.
9. Ranikhet – If tranquility had a name, it would be Ranikhet in North India. Surprisingly well-connected but still a place that skips everyone planning a quick getaway, Ranikhet is a mere 6-hour drive from the national capital. The ‘queen’s garden’ is a verdant valley with naturally gorgeous flora all around. A weekend with family was never easier.
10. Shoghi – If you demand a hill station off the beaten track, Shoghi must be on top of your priority right now. It’s a secret tiny hamlet to which nature & mountains have been very fortunate to. There is a beautiful village called Park Woods which is highly recommended to everyone who does drive up to Shoghi located at an altitude of 5,700 feet.